1. What is the difference between language and speech?
2. How does my child hear and talk?
3. What are the signs of a language disorder?
4. What should I expect my child's language development to be in elementary school?
5. How do I know whether my child is late blooming, or if there is a language development problem?
6. What are different speech language disorders?
7. What are different swallowing and feeding disorders?
8. What is typical speech and language development?
9. What questions should I ask if my loved one has been diagnosed with a speech or language disorder?
10. Where can I find a self-help group for speech and language disorders?
A student in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) is conducting the study. It explores the assessment/evaluation practices of speech-language pathologists’/speech therapists’/speech pathologists’ working with preschool-age children who stutter/are suspected of stuttering.
Registration is NOW OPEN for the SEC Medical Speech Pathology 2-Day FEES Training Course in Des Moines! This course is taking place June 16-17 at the Iowa ENT Center in downtown Des Moines, IA. Please visit www.secmedicalspeech.com for more details, and to register TODAY!